• Mayor Barb Clumpus has declared a State of Emergency in the Municipality of Meaford in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The decision to declare an emergency was made after lengthy discussion with the Municipality’s Emergency Control Group members, who came to a unanimous decision.
• Declaring an emergency under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act allows the Municipality to put in place additional measures to protect the community, and facilitate access to supplies and services.
• The Municipality has closed all public facilities, and cancelled public meetings and events to contain the spread.
• Essential services including water/wastewater, fire services, roads services, and waste management are continuing to operate.
• For up-to-date information on the impacts of COVID-19 in our community, visit www.meaford.ca/COVID19
(Source: Municipality of Meaford)