The PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum programs will become thePC Optimumprogram.
One card. One App. All your points in one place
On February 1st, your points will be converted to PC Optimumpoints at their fill value.
Building on the success of two of Canada’s most popular loyalty programs, Loblaw Companies Limited (TSX: L, “Loblaw”) today announced plans to bring together the Shoppers Optimum andPC Plus programs to create one program, PC Optimum, on February 1, 2018. Through a single card or app, members will be able to earn and redeem loyalty points more conveniently across Loblaw’s network of nearly 2,500 stores and its e-commerce sites.
The current programs, PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum, have respectively 8 million and 11 million members – who, last year, redeemed points every two seconds of the day, to save money on their necessities and indulgences. The programs rank first and second when Canadians are asked which loyalty programs provide them the best value.
Members of the Shoppers Optimum and PC Plus programs can continue to earn and redeem points as usual until the February 1, 2018 launch of the new program, when the full value of their existing points will convert to PC Optimum points.
The PC Optimum program will include elements of the Shoppers Optimum and PC Plus loyalty programs that Canadians love, including weekly personalized offers, the ability to redeem points for almost anything in our stores, and exclusive points-earning and points-redemption events.
When it launches on February 1, 2018, the PC Optimumprogram will provide a range of features requested by customers:
- Equal value when their PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum points are converted to PC Optimum points.
- Just one card or app for loyalty offers across the Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart network.
- The ability to earn and redeem points in nearly 2,500 stores and Loblaw-owned online services: Real Canadian Superstore, Atlantic Superstore, City Market, No Frills, Independent, Zehrs, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Shoppers Home Health Care and online at Loblaw-owned Click & Collect websites, joefresh.com and beautyBoutique.ca.
- The ability to redeem faster. With the PC Plus program, members can redeem only once they reach 20,000 points. The threshold will be lowered to 10,000 with the PC Optimumprogram.
- 50 per cent more points (15 points vs. the current 10 points) for almost every dollar spent at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- The PC Optimum program will have a single, simple redemption table – i.e. 10,000 points equals $10 of value.
- President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® cardholders will earn up to 30 PC Optimum points for every dollar they spend across Loblaw’s retail network, with an additional 15 PC Optimum points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix stores. PC Financial has provided Canadians with more than $1 billion in free groceries.
Loblaw has begun notifying members of both PC Plus andShoppers Optimum of the pending change. The company will continue to share details with members over the coming months. More information is available at www.pcoptimum.ca.
Photo Credit: PC Optimum