Seniors Exercise, Mondays And Wednesdays at the L.E. Shore Memorial Library
Every Monday and Wednesday at 10:30 am at the L.E. Shore Memorial Library, enjoy Seniors exercise. Sitting or standing, no matter your ability, improve your fitness and balance. Cost is $2.
For details, visit: The Blue Mountains Library website, click on ‘Programs’ then click on ‘Seniors’.
(Source: L.E. Shore Memorial Library/Blue Mountains Library)
Mental Health Drop In Clinic, Every Wednesday In Meaford
· There is a mental health drop in clinic every Wednesday at the Bethany Church of the Nazarene, 24 Trowbridge Street West, Meaford, from 1 pm to 3 pm.
· Need a referral? Looking for support? Drop in – no appointment necessary and it is free of charge. ·For more information please call 519-371-3642.
(Source: Bethany Church of the Nazarene, Meaford)
Coffee At The Marsh, Monday Through Friday
· Monday through Friday, come enjoy Coffee at the Marsh
· Drop by the Marsh Street Centre, 187 Marsh Street, Clarksburg between 10:00 am and 11:30 am, and enjoy delicious home-made baked goods, coffee, and friends – Everyone is welcome
· The firs t and third Wednesday each month is Coffee time is hosted by Events For Life
· For more information, visit the Marsh Street Centre website.
(Source: Marsh Street Centre)
Meaford Lions Bingo, Every 2nd And 4th Thursday at the Meaford & St Vincent Community Centre
· Come out the Meaford & St Vincent Community Centre every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, at 7 pm, for Meaford Lions Club Bingo!
· $1,000 Jackpot
· For details, follow The Lions Club of Meaford on facebook.
(Source: Lions Club of Meaford)
In The Galleries Of The Meaford Hall (Art Show) Paula Arciniega’s – The Rite Of Spring Until May 19th
· Now throughMay 19th in the Galleries of the Meaford Hall is Art Show and Sale with Paula Arciniega’s The Rite of Spring, a selection of work inspired by Igor Stravinsky’s famous orchestral work “The Rite of Spring” Acrylic/ Oil on Canvas
· Come see and maybe even buy one of Paula’s beautiful paintings.
· The Galleries are open 7 days a week for free viewing but please confirm hours as private events may be happening. For more details, visit: the Meaford Hall website.
(Source: Meaford Hall)
Beautiful Joe Heritage Society Rain Barrel Sale (Order By June 5th)
· The Beautiful Joe Heritage Society is hosting another Rain Barrel Sale with proceeds to The Beautiful Joe Heritages Society
· Order your Rain Barrel at www.RainBarrel.ca/BJHS BEFORE June 5th!
· Save Money, help the environment and treat your plants to rain water
· The pick up date for rain barrels is June 15th, 11 am to 1 pm at the Meaford and St. Vincent Community Centre on Collingwood in Meaford
(Source: Beautiful Joe Heritage Society)
Theatre Collingwood’s ‘Where You Are’, May 21st Through May 25th
· Enjoy great live theatre with Where You Are at the Simcoe Street Theatre, 65 Simcoe Street, Collingwood, with shows May 21st through May 25th!
· Theatre Collingwood presents Where You Are, comedic live theatre about secrets that forever alter a family’s life on Manitoulin Island.
· Show time 8 pm each night… with a Thursday matinee as well at 2 pm
· The show is sponsored by Noble Insurance. For tickets online at the Theatre Collingwood website.(Source: Theatre Collingwood)
Buffet For Breath (May 22)
· The Kinette Club of Collingwood is proud to host the Buffet for Breath at Boston Pizza in Collingwood, Wednesday, May 22nd
· There will be two buffet sittings – 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm
· Buffet cost is only $20 with $10 going directly to Cystic Fibrosis to help find a cure
· Email Kinette Club of Collingwood@ Hotmail.com for tickets!
· For more details, search Buffet For Breath on facebook
(Source: Kinette Club of Collingwood)
Scarecrow Invasion Workshop (May 22)
· More than 250 Scarecrows are in the making for this year’s Scarecrow Invasion. This year’s theme is The Book Invasion and the Scarecrow Invasion And Family Festival decorating committee is looking forward to seeing its faithful volunteers again this year along with all the newcomers to help build the many needed Scarecrows
· Meet at the Meaford Rotary Harbour Pavilion, Wednesday, May 22nd from 9:30 to NOON to lend a hand
· For more information, email Ruthann Noble at Noble Ruthann@gmail.com
(Source: Meaford Scarecrow Invasion)
23rd Annual Harbour 5k Run/Walk, July 13th… Register Now!
The 2019 Meaford Harbour 5km Run/Walk is set for Saturday July 13, 9am sharp and the event is open for registration now!
· All proceeds from the event this year will support improving access to Mental Health Services at area hospitals.
· For those who are competitive runners or walkers the race, is chip timed which always draws a large group of participants.
· This is the 7th year for the free Children’s 1k Fun Run for kids 12 and under.
· The event starts at 9 am at the Meaford Harbour pavilion. This year, a new dry wick t-shirt which will be given to the first 300 participants registered. Visit the Meaford Hospital Foundation website and register today!
(Source: Meaford Hospital Foundation)
(Image: Trip Savvy)