Early Sunday morning, emergency crews in the Bruce Peninsula area were called to a cottage on Dorcas Bay Road for a several people that became ill. Police arrived to find ten people staying in a rented cottage and began an investigation into why some were ill.
One of the cottage goers had baked a brownie cake containing marijuana and those people who were feeling ill had consumed the laced dessert. Police were unable to rule out the possibility of food poisoning as well.
Northern Bruce Peninsula Fire crews were also called to the cottage to rule out carbon monoxide poisoning after it was suspected. A few of the parties were transported by ambulance to the Lions Head hospital for further medical treatment.
In the end, it was determined that the illness was in fact due to the consumption of the marijuana laced brownie cake.
Police are warning those who choose to engage in the illegal and risky behaviour of consuming drugs, outside the guidance and direction of a physician, that the costs often out way the benefits.
Photo Credit: OPP