New Life Church Christmas Gift, Craft, And Bake Sale, November 16th:
• Collingwood New Life Church Missions Team presents our Christmas Gift, Craft and Bake Sale where local artisans will display fine hand made products from woodworking, clothing, art and of course baked goods.
• Saturday, November 16th from 9 am to 2 pm at New Life Church, 28 Tracey Lane, Collingwood
• A Light lunch will also be available.
•This event helps to support their ongoing mission commitments for the Haitian refugees and other poor residents of the Dominican Republic.
(Source: Collingwood New Life Church Missions)
Candy Cane Fair, November 16th:
•The Grace United Church in Thornbury presents the Candy Cane Fair on Saturday, November 16th, from 11 am to 2 pm.
• Buy holiday cookies by the pound at the popular Cookie Bar.
• Shop preserves, Crafts and other Vendors Goods
• Enjoy a Bake Sale for a quick treat
• A delicious lunch will also be available
• Proceed from the Candy Cane Fair will be donated to local and global outreach
• For more information, phone 519-599-2438.
(Source: Grace United Church in Thornbury)
Kidzone, Monday Afternoons At Olivet Baptist Church, Ongoing For School Year:
• Every Monday that falls in the school calendar year and is not a school holiday, Olivet Baptist Church runs Kids Zone.
• Kid Zone is for kids in JK to Grade 6 where kids will enjoy snacks, baking, games, sing-a-longs, group activities and more!
• It’s on from 3:40 to 5:30 pm, and your child can be picked up from the 2 schools in Meaford – so parents, all you have to do is pick them up from the church!
• Register online at www.Olivet.online
• For details, email Phil Morrill at PhilMorrill@Olivet.Online
(Source: Olivet Baptist Church)
Mental Health Drop In Clinic, Every Wednesday At Meaford’s Bethany Church of the Nazarene:
• There is a mental health drop in clinic every Wednesday at the Bethany Church of the Nazarene, 24 Trowbridge Street West, Meaford, from 1 pm to 3 pm.
• Need a referral? Looking for support? Drop in – no appointment necessary and it’s free of charge.
• For more information, call 519-371-3642.
(Source: Bethany Church of the Nazarene)
The Men Of The Deeps At Meaford Hall, November 28th:
• The Men of the Deeps is a choir of working and retired coal miners form the Cape Breton Island.
• Organized in 1966 as part of Cape Breton’s contribution to Canada’s Centennial Year (1967), the group’s inception was an effort by the people of Cape Breton to preserve in song some of the rich folklore of Cape Breton’s coal mining communities.
• To belong to the group a man must have worked in the mine.
• The ages of the men range from mid-thirties to upper-seventies, with about ¼ of which have been with the group since it was organized in 1966.
• The Men of the Deeps – at the Meaford Hall, 12 Nelson Street, Meaford – Thursday, November 28th.
• Tickets and more details online at: www.MeafordHall.ca
(Source: Meaford Hall)
(Image: Ontario Parks)