Creemore Collingwood, Thornbury and Meaford Farmers’ Markets
Creemore Farmers’ Market:
· The Creemore Farmers’ Market is on at Station on the Green in Creemore, Saturdays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
· Shop local produce, preserves, baked goods, crafts and more!
(Source: Creemore Farmers Market)
Collingwood Farmers’ Market:
· The Collingwood Farmers’ Market runs every Saturday from 8:30 am to 1 pm in the municipal parking lot on Second and Pine Streets.
· Shop local produce, preserves, baked goods, crafts, hand-made items and more!
(Source: Collingwood Farmers’ Market)
Thornbury Farmers’ Market:
· The Thornbury Farmers’ Market runs every Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm in the park beside Town Hall on Highway 26.
· Shop local produce, preserves, baked goods, crafts art and more!
(Source: Thornbury Farmers’ Market)
Meaford Farmers’ Market at the Meaford Rotary Harbour Pavilion:
· The Meaford Farmers’ Market happens every Friday from 3 pm to 7 pm at the Meaford Rotary Harbour Pavilion
· Shop local produce, preserves, baked goods, crafts, hot and fresh food, and more!
(Source: Meaford Farmers’ Market)
The Wasaga Beach’s Farmers’ Market at the RecPlex, Tuesdays
The Wasaga Beach’s Farmers’ Market is on Tuesdays at the RecPlex from 4 pm until 8 pm, with the final date being Tuesday, September 17th at The RecPlex, 1724 Mosley Street.
(Source: Town of Wasaga Beach)
Harvesters’ Day Festival, September 14th – Rain Date September 21st at the Meaford Rotary Harbour Pavilion
1724 Mosley Street Christ Church Anglican, along with Grace United Church Thornbury and St George’s Anglican, are hosting the 5th Annual Harvesters’ Celebration and this year they’ve made it a festival!
· The event will begin at 5 pm and run until 10 pm at the Meaford Rotary Harbour Pavilion
· The goal is to celebrate and honour the Harvesters in our midst and to express our appreciation of their ongoing contribution towards a healthy Meaford and Town of Blue Mountains economy
· This year the set up will include four (4) food stations featuring Mexican dishes, Authentic Jerk Chicken, Fish and vegetarian fare.
· Everyone is welcome. There is NO charge and donations with be gratefully accepted, so come and join the Harvesters’ Day Festival. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
(Sources: Christ Church Anglican, Grace United Church Thornbury and St George’s Anglican)
Taoist Tai Chi, September 14th at the Meaford & St Vincent Community Arena, Beaver Valley Community Arena;
· Taoist Tai Chi classes have begun in September for the Meaford and Thornbury area
· Meaford’s classes start September 14th but you are also welcome to drop by an ongoing class anytime
… in Meaford on Mondays 2 to 4 pm and in Thornbury, Wednesdays, 10 to NOON in
· For more information, phone 519-377-0652
(Sources: Meaford & St Vincent Community Arena, Beaver Valley Community Arena)
Kidzone At Olivet Baptist Church, Starting September 9th… Ongoing For School Year
· Every Monday that falls in the school calendar year and is not a school holiday, Olivet Baptists Church runs Kids Zone · Kid Zone is for kids in JK to Grade 6 where kids will enjoy snacks, baking, games, sing-a-longs, group activities and more!
· It’s on from 3:40 to 5:30 pm, and your child can be picked up from the 2 schools here in Meaford – so parents, all you have to do is pick them up from the church!
· Register online at www.Olivet.Online
· For details, email Phil Morrill at PhilMorrill@Olivet.Online
(Source and Image: Olivet Baptist Church)
Terry Fox Run Meaford, September 15th:
· There is still time to be a part of something great by joining Meaford’s Annual Terry Fox Run! A great cause in memory of a Canadian Hero – September 15th
· Register today at www.TerryFox.ca
Annual Collingwood Terry Fox Run:
· The annual Collingwood Terry Fox Run takes place Sunday, September 15th at Harbourview Park in Collingwood with registration at 8:30 am and the 2.5-km run/walk/ride beginning at 10 am.
(Source: Terry Fox Run)
(Image: GSLC Novato)