Secondary schools in Bluewater District School Board are kicking off 2018 by extending an early invitation to students who will soon be entering Grade 9 for the first time. Information nights are being held for current Grade 7 and 8 students and their parents to learn about the wide variety of available programs and career pathway options, course selection, graduation requirements, extracurricular activities, and other important resources to ensure a successful transition from elementary to secondary school.
School staff will be available to welcome and guide families through the registration process, and to offer tours that showcase the broad spectrum of learning facilities and vibrant culture that are unique to Bluewater District School Board secondary schools.
The schedule of upcoming secondary information nights is as follows:
- Saugeen District Secondary School (Port Elgin) – Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Peninsula Shores District School (Wiarton) – Tuesday, January 16, 2018 from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Georgian Bay Community School (Meaford) – Wednesday, January 17, 2018 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Grey Highlands Secondary School (Flesherton) – Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Owen Sound District Secondary School – Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Kincardine District Secondary School – Monday, January 22, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Walkerton District Community School – Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Bruce Peninsula District School (Lion’s Head) – Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Information nights are one of many outreach activities offered by secondary schools during the school year to assist incoming Grade 9 students. Further details are available by contacting schools directly.
Photo Credit: BWDSB