Grey County OPP, with the assistance of the West Region Emergency Response Team, the West Region Tactics and Rescue Units and the West Region Crisis Negotiation Team, investigated an incident where a person had barricaded themselves inside a Pearson Street residence in Meaford.
The incident was resolved peacefully just before 5 p.m. on August 10, 2017. Four people inside the residence surrendered to police without incident. Three of the four people were released unconditionally.
The fourth, a 31-year old Meaford man, was arrested on an outstanding warrant. He is charged with the following offences:
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
- Two counts of Spousal Assault
- Two counts of Mischief under $5000
- Two counts of Uttering Threats
- One count of Assault Causing Bodily Harm
- One count of Forcible Confinement
A bail hearing is scheduled for later today, August 10, 2017. Pearson Street, Trowbridge Street and Berry Street have been reopened.