Jewel’s Annual Ladies Getaway Weekend is the perfect gift for that special lady in your life! Call now to reserve a spot for her at 613-241-9850 and for pricing. She’ll experience amazing entertainment, delicious food, and she’ll also be pampered!
Information on the Weekend:
The 8th Annual Ladies Getaway Weekend is April 1st to 3rd at the Fairmont Le Château Montebello.
Ladies, get ready to party, dine, and unwind once again!
What You can expect this year:
Friday Night (April 1):
• Registration from 4-8p in the lobby with Jewel 98.5
• The Queen’s Crumb: is Ottawa’s premier cake and confectionery company operating in Ottawa’s Westboro district. You’ll enjoy a delicious cupcake on Friday night to start your weekend off on a sweet note.
• From 7:00 to 8:30p you’ll enjoy mingling, a pajama/costume party (prizing for best PJ’s/costumes), welcome comments with Jewel Announcer: Sylvia Asche Bullard.
• At 8:30p you’ll enjoy a performance by Bowser and Blue!
About Bowser and Blue:
George Bowser and Rick Blue are best-known for their song “Working Where the Sun Don’t Shine,” which is about colonoscopies, Bowser and Blue are “Canada’s only openly grey musical-comedy duo.” In a career spanning more than thirty years they’ve written hundreds of songs, recorded 14 CDs, written and performed in revues, musicals and Television Specials, and have been frequent guests on the Just For Laughs comedy festival.
For more information on Bowser and Blue please visit their website:
Saturday (April 2):
• From 7:00-7:30 Wake Up with Essentrics: Start your day with an early morning workout that will leave you feeling lighter, taller, and stronger. The unique flowing movements of Essentrics have been proven to simultaneously slenderize and tone the abs, waist, and back with simple, yet powerful strengthening exercises. The full-body flexibility technique works through the muscle chains; liberating, relieving from tension, and empowering the muscles in the process.
• From 7-9am Breakfast Buffet, and Good Morning Announcement.
• From 8-8:45 there will be a fashion show presented by Your Personal Boutique Marianne’s.
• From 9am-12pm Various Presentations/Seminars of all different topics and vendors… there’s something for everyone, and a Fashion Area. See below for information on all our presentations, seminars, and vendors. We will be updating this constantly!
• From 12-1 Buffet Lunch
• From 1-4pm Various Presentations/Seminars of all different topics and vendors… there’s something for everyone, and a Fashion Area. See below for information on all our presentations, seminars, and vendors. We will be updating this constantly!
• From 3:30-4 Barre: This workout allows your muscles to strengthen and stretch at more effective angles, resulting in deeper stretches, higher muscle engagement, and more targeted and elongated toning. The focus of an Essentrics Barre workout is on maximum range of motion and strengthening. Working with a barre will open the range of motion of every joint – spine, hips, shoulders, and feet.
• From 5:30-9:30p MDRN Photobooth will be onsite! Get some fun photos taken with your friends! MDRN Photobooth Company is the first name in luxury photobooth rental in Ottawa and Toronto. Their party photobooth rentals are guaranteed to bring your corporate event, wedding, or other occasion to the next level, while creating timeless keepsakes for your guests. So line up, strike a pose, and never forget the fun you had.
• From 5:30-6:00 Cocktail Party.
• From 6:00-7:30 Sit-Down Dinner.
• From 7:30-8:30pm Comedians from Absolute Comedy.
• From 8:30-10pm Concert with The Captain Fantastic “Elton John Tribute Band”
About The Captain Fantastic “Elton John Tribute Band”:
Since 2009 ‘The Captain Fantastic Band’ have succeeded in establishing themselves as Canada’s leading Elton John tribute show, their professionalism and sheer enthusiasm both on and off stage, have secured them a reputation beyond reproach. The voice and charisma of Donnie Leafloor as the ‘The Captain’ plus a selection of Ottawa’s finest professional musicians, who together form ‘The Captain Fantastic Band’, make this an incredible musical showcase spectacular that will take you on an amazing journey, from Elton’s earliest Tin Pan Alley days and on through his extensive songbook of timeless classics.
‘The Captain Fantastic’ experience aims to perfect the essence, atmosphere, style and showmanship that we have come to love and expect from this musical legend. ‘The Captain Fantastic Band’s’ performances include over thirty of Elton’s masterpieces, including:
‘Crocodile Rock’, ‘Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me’, ‘Your Song’, ‘Levon’, and many more.
‘The Captain’ and ‘The Captain Fantastic Band’ are truly outstanding musicians and performers, who continue to portray Elton John’s music to thousands of music lovers in both Canada, and the US.
The Elton John Legacy’ is an incredible celebration of Elton’s musical career spanning 5 decades.
For more information on The Captain Fantastic “Elton John Tribute Band” please visit their website:
• From 7-9am Breakfast Buffet, and Good Morning Announcement.
• From 9-10am Guest Speaker Victoria Scarcella.
• Some Vendors will be set-up from 8a to 12p outside the Canada Room
• From 10-11am Prizes will be awarded.
About Victoria Scarcella:
My name is Victoria Scarcella. I am a woman on a mission: a Serial Survivor. I am also a wife, a mother, a grandmother and a working professional. What defines me is my belief that I matter.
A Serial Survivor endures multiple abuse scenarios. I carry my scars with pride. I know, first hand, that self-esteem is a survivor’s best defense and I am taking real steps to invite change.
I have survived emotional, mental and physical abuse, domestic violence, bullying, learning disabilities, life-threatening allergies, rape, depression, traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress, multiple heart attacks, cancer, addiction and uncontrollable rage.
The courts granted me full custody of my children when their father pled guilty to multiple counts of child abuse. I take medication to control Provoked Post-Traumatic Epilepsy, whose daily Grand Mal episodes were triggered by the blunt force head traumas I sustained in the beatings inflicted by my first husband.
My vision is a world where people take ownership of their lives. My mission is to draw a line in the sand that says NO to a climate of indifference and a conspiracy of silence. My plan is to encourage, enable and inspire others to help create a positive force for change. My goal is to serve as a guide for anyone ready to live a better life. For more info visit my website http://www.victoriascarcella.com/
Yelp: Yelp is a website and mobile application that connects people with great local businesses – anything from restaurants, bars and spas to dog groomers, mechanics, even dentists! The Yelp community is made up of engaged locals who connect online and off to share their opinions about local businesses.
The Yelp Elite Squad is Yelp’s way of recognizing people who are active in the Yelp community and role models on and off the site. Elite-worthiness is based on a number of things, including well-written reviews, high quality tips, a detailed personal profile, an active voting and complimenting record, and a history of playing well with others.
Presentations/Seminars/Vendors include (We are constantly adding to the list so please keep checking):
• Fifth Avenue Collection: get beautiful affordable jewelry for any occasion!
• Your Personal Boutique Marianne’s: Experience the best fashions with Your Personal Boutique Marianne’s. They’ll be set-up in the fashion district all day. They are a major retailer of women’s clothing and swimwear. They are a one-stop shop for women of all shapes and sizes, whether you are shopping to prepare for a southern vacation or putting together a stunning special-occasion outfit.
• Arbonne: Jacqueline Doucette will be there on Saturday! Sign up for a mini foot spa! Live beautifully through botanically based beauty, health and wellness products with Arbonne!
• Stellla Licious Soap: You’ll enjoy homemade soap that is skillfully prepared and precisely measured and cured! Have a Birthday party coming up how about some custom designed Stellla Licious Soap Cupcakes. You will want to eat them. Find something for every occasion!
• Stella and Dot: Julie Allen will be onsite with Stella and Dot’s fabulous fashion jewelry, costume jewelry & accessories!
• South Hill Designs: Cindy Leigh will be onsite with beautiful jewelry from South Hill Designs. Choose to create jewelry that’s unique to you.
• Bonnie Thompson: Bonnie Thompson is a gifted, fourth generation Psychic, Medium and Spiritual Communicator who, from the age of a young child became aware of her gifts. She offers Clairvoyant Sessions, Psychic Readings, Mediumship and Energy Healings in person or over the phone.
• Malaket Furniture: Appliances, Decor and more, since 1947 with free delivery and set-up in Ottawa, Montreal, and the Laurentians.
• Jenny Craig/Curves: Owner Barb will be onsite to share with you her weight loss journey and help YOU to succeed. Jenny Craig/Curves Kanata offers everything in one place. When you come in, you have your 1-on-1 consultation with your own consultant. And you have the opportunity to go work out at the same time. It’s looking after the fitness component and the nutrition. There has never been a more powerful weight loss solution under one roof.
• The Unrefined Olive: Come and sample premium fresh extra virgin olive oils from around the world and aged balsamic vinegar from Modena Italy. Taste and learn about the nutrition and culinary uses including; salads, marinades, soups, cocktails and more!
• Studio d-is Yoga-inspired clothing for on and off the mat. Made in Ottawa, Canada by people who love what they do. We hope you enjoy what we’ve made and feel the love and energy that went into its creation.
• Boutique Alexandrelle in Vaudreuil: Visit them in our Fashion District! They’re a top designer boutique offering affordable prices for all sizes. They provide only the best for their customers with carefully chosen quality products. You’ll find mostly Canadian Designers- Frank Lyman, Simon Chang, Joseph Ribkoff, Conrad C, Lana Lee, Jane & John, Tricotto, Michael Tyler Collections, Desigual and many more.? For a dynamic and sophisticated style visit Boutique Alexandrelle. ?(www.boutiquealexandrelle.com)
• doTERRA Essential Oils: Improving your Health with doTERRA Essential Oils Essential Oils have been used for their health and wellness benefits for many years. One of the most powerful gifts of nature, essential oils can be used in many ways to support healthy living and overall wellness. Join us as we share with you the many benefits of doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. We will talk about what an essential oil is, how they should be used and how you can incorporate them into your daily health practices. From cuts, bumps and bruises to mood management, green cleaning and respiratory issues, essential oils will provide you with the natural approach we are all looking for. You will leave armed with the knowledge and confidence to get started on your journey with doTERRA Essential Oils.
• Dr. Arie Benchetrit: is one of Montreal’s finest plastic surgeons. His many years of experience in marrying science and artistry make it possible for him to create beautiful and natural-looking results, which have earned him a loyal and devoted following amongst his patients. Dr. Benchetrit specializes in cosmetic surgery as well as non-surgical esthetic procedures such as Botox, fillers, lasers etc. He is also one of a small group of surgeons in Canada to own the Vectra 3D photography system, which allows his patients to “preview” their results before making any decisions. Visit http://www.plasticsurgerymontreal.com/ to discover more.
• Ferraro & Rose: Shop for vintage, unique leather bags at this year’s ladies getaway weekend!
• The Essentrics Workout is a unique dynamic stretching technique that rebalances the entire body. The goal of an Essentrics workout is to match flexibility and strength of all 600+ muscles in your body, because you’re only as strong as your weakest muscle and you’re only as flexible as your tightest muscle. Created by former National Ballet of Canada dancer, Miranda Esmonde-White, Essentrics has been helping people of all ages and all backgrounds enhance overall strength, posture, cardiovascular health and mobility for over 15 years. Esmonde-White has had the #1 fitness show on PBS – Classical Stretch by Essentrics – since 1999. Amanda Sterczyk (EssentricswithAmanda.com) has been teaching Essentrics since 2010 in the Ottawa area. Sterczyk has experience teaching men, women and children aged 3 to 93.
• Sew Crazy: I always try to give previously loved clothing a second life by turning them into new and usable items. When I do buy fabric, I shop at a great little boutique run by a not for profit organization called EcoEquitable. They collect leftover fabrics from various manufacturers and other donors and sell it to support their sewing programs. So I never know what I’m going to find there, but I likely won’t find it anywhere else! All my fabrics are washed prior to using.
• Scentsy: Stacy & Jamie Campbell Certified Consultant- Candle warmers, and scents.
• Chateau Glengarry Retirement Residence: Retirement Living in picturesque Alexandria. Centered between Ottawa and Montreal. Close to where the action is, far enough to get away from it all.
• Pampered Chef: Holly Ralph-Ormsby is an Independent Consultant for Pampered Chef – providing essential kitchen tools for quick, delicious meals in Canada since 1996. Holly loves entertaining: she found her niche with Pampered Chef by combining her love of food with her excitement to share a great deal!
Pampered Chef tools are very appropriately named – they make cooking easy and fun. With over 100 items under $20, there are great gift options, amazing essentials to add to every kitchen, and so many items that enhance your everyday cooking experience.
• Wendy Greene from Ottawa Reflexology: Reflexes are stimulated, the body’s natural electrical energy works along the nervous system to clear any blockages in the corresponding zones Breaks up adhesions (felt as gritty areas under the skin) which may interfere with this natural flow of the body’s energy. Acupressure techniques used on specific reflex areas removes stress, activating a parasympathetic response in the body to enable the disharmonies to be released by a physiological change in the body. With stress removed and circulation improved, the body is allowed to return to its normal state or homeostasis. “When the body is Relaxed, the body can heal itself”
• The Wholesale Outlet: will be in our fashion district! Visit them all day Saturday to find beautiful designer clothing at great prices.
Prizes to be won at this year’s Ladies Getaway Weekend Include:
• 4 accent chairs courtesy of Loblaw’s Gloucester
• A pair of tickets to see James Taylor live in Concert at CTC
• Spa Day GC for Le Nordik
• Rose & Ferraro GC
• Gift Basket Scentsy
• Sew Crazy Prizes
• $50 GC Unrefined Olive
• Stella and Dot Jewellery
• Upholstered Chair and Curtain Panels from Rockland Textiles
• 2 x $50 GC Rockland Textiles
• 1 pair Night at the Cotton Club Pops Series NAC
• Essentrics GC
• Coffee Makers
1. Securing a reservation means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
2. We do not issue refunds or credits for any cancellation for this trip due to any circumstances (inclusive of an act of God).
3. There are no refunds or credits issued if you do not show up or if you interrupt or cancel the getaway once it has begun.
4. The only alternative remedy once you have reserved but are unable to attend is to find a replacement on your own and advise the Station of the name change to the reservation.